Check out How to Coupon Successfully: Why Coupon
Where to Get Coupons
- Sunday Paper: Get TWO double papers. This will give you 4 papers with coupons. (Save your money on Holiday weekends, they will NOT have coupons.)
- Store Sales Ads: Look carefully in the store ads. Some of the coupons are specific for the store, but occasionally you will find these coupons are actually labeled as manufacturer.
- All You Magazine: Walmart OR subscribe here for $30 for 24 issues!!! = $1.25 an issue!
- In the Mail: Mail outs come in my mailbox once a week. There are also coupons included with freebies you sign up for.
- Internet: Print out coupons (check out www.coupon.com or www.cellfire.com).
- Your Receipts: Pay attention when they print out. Sometimes there is FREE “money” or coupons.
- Peelies: These are coupons on the item either to be used then or at a later time.
- Blinkies: You will see these down the aisles. They blink and have coupons sticking out of them. Just pull them out, but only a few. Don’t empty them out!!
Different Types of Coupons and Terms
- Manufacturer’s Coupons: Can be used anywhere that accepts coupons.
- Store Coupons: Can only be used (in most cases) at the store listed on the coupon.
- Catalinas: “Money” that prints off with your receipt. It can be used on your next purchase. Most have few or no restrictions.
- Register Rewards/ECB (Extra Care Bucks): Walgreens/CVS “money.” You get them for buying certain items. They are usually listed in their ads and/or down the aisle. Sometimes there are some secret ones that get out! Watch out when spending them though, if you use them to buy to the same like items you will not get more RRs/ECBs, so use them on different products.
Check out my guest post How to Coupon Successfully: Organizing Your Coupons.
Where do you get your coupons?